Sunday, February 6, 2011

Penguin Plunge!

What an awesome time! I had tons of fun plunging into Lake Champlain in February as crazy as it sounds! Basically, you change in a tent, go to a different tent and when your group is next, you stand by a door until they let you out. You run about 50 yards through the crowd, and when you see the water you freak out a little but keep running forward. You cant hear the crowd yelling for you, and your mind is blank. You feel the water on your feet, but only slightly. You go immediatly numb, dunk your head under and scramble out as fast as you can. You grab a towel and run back to the changing tent to put on your warm clothes. The Penguin Plunge is the biggest fundraiser for special olympics, and they raised 360,000 $ for the cause. (By the way, the kid is from my school! I had a great time with my friends! ANyway here are some pictures and a video. Before the plunge My friend and I after! Brr! This is my group. I am in a bright green bathing suit, if you can see me!

1 comment:

Coll said...

Awesome pics and video Lex. Oh my gosh, you looked so cold. Yikes! I am glad you had a good time and for such a good cause. I am so proud of you. Love you to pieces! xo