Friday, April 23, 2010

I am heading to the airport now.  The volcano is what is making me somewhat nervous.  We are driving to Boston right now.  At 5:30 we fly to philidelphia and at nine we fly from Philly to Dublin IRELAND.  We have a 4 hour drive to Boston a1 hour or so flight to philly a 7-8 hour plane ride then another 4 hour ride to  Glandore, which is where our final destination is. 15-16 hours of travel time.  I sure hope it's worth it...... 6ish Crap.   Why you ask?  We have been delayed to philly 1 hour and 20 minutes.  We will arrive at Philly around 8.  Our flight to Dublin loads at nine.  We are delayed due to unvisibility in philidelphia so they have to change the direction which takes longer.  Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!  What I am doing is typing this on my iPod and then I will copy it onto my blog when I get the chance.  It is so dumb that now in the US we get delayed when we are worried about Europe. Well,  guess where I am!  No....  ~20,000 feet in the air heading to Ireland.  Long story short-we were delayed in Boston, cancelled in Boston, resumed in Boston,  flew to Philly,  landed in Philly ran to the termanal and now we are headed across the world, with no turning back.  My dad had to make a comment if hoping our luggage got transfered and then I started to think about that...  Thanks Dad!  I'm about to eat crappy Alfredo airline food.  Hope it is somewhat good because I am starved to well not death but my highest tolerance.  Does that make sense? Too many flashing lights, chattery people, cruddy food,  waiting, being bored,  listening to pilots talk about stuff I don't care about, worrying about things like volcanic ash and what not, millimeter thick blankets, talking to strangers, being surrounded by strangers you hope don't hurt you in anyway, reading a whole lot,  blowing wind noises comeing from outside the plane that are really starting to get on my nerves,  but a great vacation ahead of you.  That is my best way to explain traveling.  if you have never traveled before sorry if I just made it sound bad.  Trust me it always ends up being worth it. 1:03 pm my time, 8:03 your time in vt-WERE THERE!!!!! We are in our rental jaguar car, heading to Glandore.  It is really pretty here.  We ate at Cashel.  There was a huge castle there.  I like that it is easy to read signs, and that it's not symbols.  I still have to get used to driving on the left side of the road.  There are A LOT of cows and sheep and farms.  I just ate a donought like the amazing ones in Greece.  They weren't as good but they were yummy tasting.  We cab find no music on the radio so I am listining to my iPod.  I will write when I get there.   

No comments: